The FN 509 Tactical, the industry’s leading optics-ready 9mm striker-fired pistol, is now available in an OD Green / Flat Dark Earth finish. The pistol features the company’s patent-pending Low-Profile Optics Mounting System that enables the platform to accept more than ten commercially-available miniature red dot (MRD) optics that co-witness with the suppressor-height night sights and remain adaptable to future optics releases with no requirement of direct milling of the slide.
The slide cap, for use when not shooting with an optic, has raised sight wings that protect iron sight alignment if the pistol is dropped or jostled, and provides a textured ramp for racking the slide against a belt loop, pant pocket or boot. An FN-signature 4.5-inch, cold hammer-forged, stainless-steel barrel with target crown, ½” x 28 threads that accept the bulk of 9mm suppressors available and thread cap with integrated O-ring to prevent loosening during use.
Lastly, the 24-round magazines, nearly identical in length to the pistol’s slide, maximize ammunition capacity without impacting carry convenience.
- Manufacturer: FNH
- Model: FN 509 Tactical
- Model Number: 66-100598
- Caliber: 9mm Luger
- Barre: 4.5″ Threaded Barrel; 1/2″x28 Threads
- Overall Length: 7.9″
- Weight: 27.9 oz.
- Slide Finish: Flat Dark Earth
- Frame Finish: OD Green
- Sights: Fixed 3-Dot Night Sights
- Magazine Capacity: 17 Rounds & 24 Rounds
- Trigger Pull Weight: 5.5-7.5 lbs
- Other Features: Suppressor Height Sights; MIL-STD-1913 Accessory Mounting Rail; Interchangeable Backstraps Reduced Force Spring Assembly for firing Frangible and Lower Powered ammunition.